In the end, I only got two boxes working consistently. And only one of those worked for the in class presentation. It was extremely frustrating. However, I got a lot out of the project and I’m going to continue experimenting with the idea. There are so many objects that are either delicate or intangible, existing on screens or projections. I ended up building a delicate project that couldn’t take the beating I wanted it to, but I’ve got some great next steps:
- Experiment with other materials, especially cast foam objects.
- Experiment with shapes other than blocks. Although this alters the original idea of building up and knocking over, other shapes could encourage more action. (Like a ball)
- Improve the robustness of my objects.