I built a bigger better monster based on our clay sketch. I built him from 16 and 22 gauge armature wire, gaffers tape, clay, and other miscellaneous items I found in my apartment. The idea was to put a gaffers tape skin over the armature, and then cover it in clay. That way the monster would be lighter and have a good range of motion. Also, the monster’s feed and torso were weighted with sand and rocks to give more stability.
After blocking out the animation it became clear that the monster needed feet, so I added them after the fact. During the animation process I realized that I should have also given the monster knees.